HOW TO CHASE YOUR DREAMS AND BECOME A MOMPRENEUR
Welcome back to Mind Over Motherhood!
Do you want to become a mompreneur? Dream of chasing that passion project?
Or maybe you love the idea of being your own boss, but don’t know what your “thing” is.
I bet you’ve been toying with the idea of running your own business… but feel overwhelmed with everything and feel like you couldn’t possible fit in one more thing.
Girl, I’ve got you!
On this week’s episode of Mind Over Motherhood, I’m sharing an interview I did on the Far From Normal Podcast with Krista Romano.
Krista’s platform is one of practical advice, encouragement and inspiration for moms who want to live life a little outside of the box. She offers recipes, homeschooling resources and hosts incredible guests on her podcast.
In this interview, I shared how to finally chase your dreams and become a mompreneur, including how to find your “thing,” how to navigate shifting family dynamics and protect yourself from burnout along the way!
This interview was a lot of fun to record and I felt it was important that I shared it again with my audience on Mind Over Motherhood.
I can’t wait to hear what you think!
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE:
IN THIS EPISODE:
- WHY YOUR BELIEFS OF HAVING “TOO MUCH TO DO ALREADY” ARE HOLDING YOU BACK FROM BECOMING A MOMPRENEUR
- I am often asked how I “do it all” as a mom, rural physician AND an online coach for women. So many women feel that they are already “so overwhelmed” and couldn’t imagine adding one more thing to their plate.
- In this episode, I share how my perspective on this belief is different and why you can become a mompreneur even if you’re “so busy!”
- I believe that when we can get crystal clear on what is most important to us and what our dreams are, we gain clarity. Once we have clarity, it becomes easier to identify and cut out all of the other “noise” in our lives that is weighing us down.
- I share with Kristen my perspective on time management and making it work when you become a mompreneur (it’s your time!)
- WHEN YOUR FAMILY ISN’T SUPPORTIVE OF YOUR DREAMS
- Let’s face it, when Mom starts chasing her dreams and becoming more unavailable to her family, family dynamics shift. Most of the time, our families have been conditioned to have us available to them 100% of the time.
- When you choose to become a mompreneur, you’re making a decision that impacts your entire family. When you start to take your dreams seriously and put your needs first, it’s inevitable that family feathers get ruffled.
- In this episode, Krista asks me how to navigate these changing family dynamics and how to advocate for yourself + your dreams.
HOW TO AVOID BURNOUT WHEN YOU BECOME A MOMPRENEUR
- SELF-CARE IS A NON-NEGOTIABLE WHEN YOU BECOME A MOMPRENEUR
- You know I couldn’t go on a podcast and not talk about the importance of self-care as both a mom and an entrepreneur.
- I share my perspective on how adding “one more thing” to your schedule (your self-care) actually makes your whole schedule easier to navigate and your whole life easier. I also share how to create an effective and dynamic morning routine.
- By ensuring you are meeting your self-care non-negotiables, you protect yourself from burnout. You can also depend on your body and mind to be at it’s best when you need it!
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE…
- FIGURING OUT YOUR “THING” AS A MOMPRENEUR
- Many women feel overwhelmed trying to figure out what their “idea” is, or the “thing” they want to put out into the world.
- In this episode, I share a bit about how to find that thing and what to do with it when you want to become a mompreneur.
- YOUR “BRAND” OF ANXIETY
- I’ve always said that EVERYONE (and I mean, everyone) has some form of anxiety. It just behaves a bit different for all of us.
- For you, your anxiety may appear like indecisiveness or chronic self-doubt. Imposter syndrome is another common manifestation of anxiety.
- When you become a mompreneur, your anxiety will likely show up in new and creative ways in an attempt to keep you safe!
- I chat about how to identify your “brand” and some strategies to navigate it.
DO YOU DREAM OF BEING A SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEUR?
Do you dream of starting an online business, but a little voice inside your head keeps telling you’re not good enough?
That you’ll never know enough?
That there are so many more people more qualified than you?
Do you find yourself getting sucked into a vortex of self-doubting thoughts?
Introducing: YOUR INNER CRITIC
That annoying mean girl inside your head that wants to keep you safe and comfortable.
She’s holding you back from taking action and building the online business of your dreams.
It’s time to tell that b*tch where to go, ya?
Get my free guide to learn 5 strategies to quiet your inner critic and overcome self-doubt as an aspiring mompreneur today!
LET’S DO THIS.
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE + REVIEW:
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released?
Also, podcast reviews are super important to the iTunes algorithm. By leaving a review and telling others how amazing Mind Over Motherhood is, the more sisters we can reach with the message.
I'd also love to know if you're listening and what your favourite take-away is! Be sure to take a screenshot and tag me @carlycrewe on IG!
ARE WE FRIENDS ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
Did you learn something amazing from this episode, or have one of those incredible A-HA moments? Do you know someone else who might benefit from the goodies in this episode?
Be sure to share this episode with them on social media, whether it’s on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest so we can reach more mamas with this message.
I’d love to know if you’re listening and what your favourite take-away is! Be sure to take a screenshot and tag me @carlycrewe on IG!
AUTHOR: DR. CARLY CREWE, MD
Dr. Carly Crewe is a mom to twin toddlers, a modern day nomad and MD Psychotherapist specializing in women's mental health.
Carly believes that when women are well, they have the power to heal and change the world.
Her mission is to revolutionize the women’s mental health care, from fragmented and haphazard to a holistic, comprehensive and integrated approach that meets every woman where she is and addresses the multidimensional reality of mental health.
Dr. Crewe is the founder of Eunoia Medical, a speciality mental health clinic for women in pursuit of a well mind. Carly runs a revolutionary mental health membership for women, The Eunoia Collective.
Carly is the host of the Mind Over Motherhood Podcast and is an Amazon best-selling author. Her newest book You Are Not Your Anxiety: How to Stop Being An Anxious, People-Pleasing Mess will be launching for presale on International Women’s Day March 8th, 2021.