FINANCIAL FITNESS WITH KRISTEN RICUPERO
Welcome back to Mind Over Motherhood!
On this week’s episode of Mind Over Motherhood, I am sharing an interview I did with Kristen Ricupero back in the fall of 2019 in my private Facebook community.
This interview was jam-packed with value and practical tips for managing your money and increasing your financial fitness. Read more below!
Kristen is a Financial Coach and Profit First Advisor, as well as the founder of her business Financial Fitness Coaching. Kristen specializes in helping individuals and small business owners reclaim control over their finances, whether it is to pay off debt, save more or gain more clarity around their business finances and systems.
I believe that money is often a huge source of stress and anxiety for many women. It is for this reason that I feel having a solid financial support team to help you manage your finances is crucial, not only for your money but for your well being overall.
The stress that we feel around money can overflow from our daily lives to our mental and physical health and even to our children, impacting their future relationships with money. How we feel about our money impacts what we do with it and how we plan for our futures (if we plan at all!)
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE:
THIS EPISODE DIGS INTO:
- KRISTEN’S JOURNEY:
- Despite being a single woman with minimal expenses at the time, Kristen shared her story of living paycheck to paycheck and wishing she had more financial knowledge. She realized there had to be some other way to manage her finances. Through her own education and becoming a financial coach, Kristen now works with clients and small business owners to help them save more money, pay off debt and build wealth.
- THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FINANCIAL COACH AND A FINANCIAL ADVISOR
- Although both professionals are helping their clients manage their money and increase their financial fitness, they do it in important and different ways. Kristen shares when a coach may be a better option and how it can provide more personal accountability for your finances.
AND SO MUCH MORE…
- HOW TO LESSEN YOUR FINANCIAL ANXIETY
- Money causes a LOT of anxiety. Kristen shares invaluable and practical tips on how to increase your sense of control over where your money is going, which in turn helps lessen that anxiety.
- From goal-setting to creating small, achievable habits, there is a wealth of information in this episode on how to help you increase your financial fitness.
- YOUR MONEY STORY AND YOUR MONEY MINDSET
- Money is emotional. Kristen shares that it doesn’t matter if you can set a budget, if your mindset is unhealthy regarding money. It also doesn’t matter if you can’t follow that budget.
- Your beliefs around wealth, budgeting and money all play a role in how you manage your finances and how you FEEL about your money. It’s important to identify how you want to feel when it comes to your money, and start from there. Learn more in the episode!
WE’RE NOT EVEN DONE YET…
- HOW TO BUDGET WHEN YOU’RE LIVING PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK
- HOW TO HAVE MONEY CONVERSATIONS WITH YOUR PARTNER
- TIPS FOR SINGLE MOMS MANAGING THEIR MONEY
- YOUR MONEY BELIEFS
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE:
DO YOU DREAM OF BEING A SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEUR?
Do you dream of starting an online business, but a little voice inside your head keeps telling you’re not good enough?
That you’ll never know enough?
That there are so many more people more qualified than you?
Do you find yourself getting sucked into a vortex of self-doubting thoughts?
Introducing: YOUR INNER CRITIC
That annoying mean girl inside your head that wants to keep you safe and comfortable.
She’s holding you back from taking action and building the online business of your dreams.
It’s time to tell that b*tch where to go, ya?
Get my free guide to learn 5 strategies to quiet your inner critic and overcome self-doubt as an aspiring mompreneur today!
LET’S DO THIS.
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE + REVIEW:
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released?
Also, podcast reviews are super important to the iTunes algorithm and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people.
I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review for this episode right here!
Also, I'd love to know if you're listening and what your favourite take-away is! Be sure to take a screenshot and tag me @carlycrewe on IG!
ARE WE FRIENDS ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
Did you learn something amazing from this episode, or have one of those incredible A-HA moments? Do you know someone else who might benefit from the goodies in this episode?
Be sure to share this episode with them on social media, whether it’s on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest so we can reach more mamas with this message.
I’d love to know if you’re listening and what your favourite take-away is! Be sure to take a screenshot and tag me @carlycrewe on IG!
AUTHOR: DR. CARLY CREWE, MD
Dr. Carly Crewe MD is a mom to twin toddlers, a medical doctor specializing in maternal mental health AND an Anxiety + Mindset Coach for Moms and Mompreneurs who are stuck in overwhelm, self-doubt and indecision.
Carly uses a combination of cognitive behavioural strategies, life coaching techniques and motivational interviewing to support moms to quiet the chaos in their lives and master their mindset so that they can build the life (and online business) that they dream of, without sacrificing their role as a mother.