BUILDING A BUSINESS AS A MOM OF YOUNG KIDS WITH JESSICA CALLERY
Welcome back to Mind Over Motherhood!
In Episode 23 of Mind Over Motherhood, I had an amazing conversation with Jessica Callery, founder of Scrunchie Mommie!
After becoming a mother, Jessica was motivated to work from home so she could be present with her children while supporting her family.
What began as sewing scrunchies for fun has now grown into a successful online business and social media presence that inspires other moms with the real, raw and vulnerable stories of motherhood.
Jessica reminds her audience to live lightly – motherhood is not a perfect journey but we could all use to live a little lighter, add a little fun and colour to our lives.
Jessica is an expert when it comes to building a business as a mom of young children.
This is an amazing episode to tune into if you’ve been on the fence about starting an online business, as Jessica’s story is relatable and inspiring!
The biggest factors that have made Scrunchie Mommie such an amazing success!
Time-management strategies for running a business + being a mom of little kids!
Jessica’s advice for overcoming self-doubt and believing in yourself
WHO IS JESSICA CALLERY?
Jessica is a mom of 2, a business owner of Scrunchie Mommie and a social media coordinator for a tradeshow company.
Her WHY has always been working from home to be able to be there for her kids.
Jessica has been featured in You’ve Got This Mama The Podcast and The Mama Needs a Moment Summit. Jess is also a fellow co-author in the soon-to-publish You’ve Got This Modern Mama.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE:
THIS EPISODE DIGS INTO:
- THE KEYS TO BUILDING A BUSINESS AS A MOM OF YOUNG KIDS
- Jessica and I chatted about all of the strategies that we have both used to build our businesses online while having young kids at home. We talked about some of the challenges as well as the joys and successes of building a business as a mom.
- From self-care time to time-blocking, outsourcing and hiring your own coach, there are certain strategies that are vital to your success as a mompreneur.
- THE IMPORTANCE OF A GROWTH MINDSET
- It’s important to realize how your mindset plays a role in your business success. If your mindset is not in check, you will struggle with self-doubt, indecision and anxiety. You will likely feel overwhelmed and struggle with imposter-syndrome.
- Jessica and I chatted how to monitor and master your mindset when you are building a business as a mom of young kids.
AND THERE’S MORE…
- THE BIRTH OF SCRUNCHIE MOMMIE
- Jessica shares the birth story of her business Scrunchie Mommie. She shares how she came up with the idea for her business and the struggles she had to overcome to make it work.
DO YOU DREAM OF BEING A SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEUR?
Do you dream of starting an online business, but a little voice inside your head keeps telling you’re not good enough?
That you’ll never know enough?
That there are so many more people more qualified than you?
Do you find yourself getting sucked into a vortex of self-doubting thoughts?
Introducing: YOUR INNER CRITIC
That annoying mean girl inside your head that wants to keep you safe and comfortable.
She’s holding you back from taking action and building the online business of your dreams.
It’s time to tell that b*tch where to go, ya?
Get my free guide to learn 5 strategies to quiet your inner critic and overcome self-doubt as an aspiring mompreneur today!
LET’S DO THIS.
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE + REVIEW:
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released?
Also, podcast reviews are super important to the iTunes algorithm and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people.
I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review for this episode right here!
Also, I'd love to know if you're listening and what your favourite take-away is! Be sure to take a screenshot and tag me @carlycrewe on IG!
ARE WE FRIENDS ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
Did you learn something amazing from this episode, or have one of those incredible A-HA moments? Do you know someone else who might benefit from the goodies in this episode?
Be sure to share this episode with them on social media, whether it’s on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest so we can reach more mamas with this message.
I’d love to know if you’re listening and what your favourite take-away is! Be sure to take a screenshot and tag me @carlycrewe on IG!
AUTHOR: DR. CARLY CREWE, MD
Dr. Carly Crewe MD is a mom to twin toddlers, a medical doctor specializing in maternal mental health AND an Anxiety + Mindset Coach for Moms and Mompreneurs who are stuck in overwhelm, self-doubt and indecision.
Carly uses a combination of cognitive behavioural strategies, life coaching techniques and motivational interviewing to support moms to quiet the chaos in their lives and master their mindset so that they can build the life (and online business) that they dream of, without sacrificing their role as a mother.