TIME MANAGEMENT HACKS FOR MOMPRENEURS WITH KAREN GRILL
Welcome back to Mind Over Motherhood!
On this week’s episode of Mind Over Motherhood, I chatted with Karen Grill, Time-Management Expert and Productivity Coach to learn her best time-management hacks for mompreneurs.
This episode will teach you how to manage your time so you can do the work you love, while still having time for your family and themselves.
I can’t wait for you to hear all of the amazing ideas Karen has!
WHO IS KAREN GRILL?
Karen Grill is a Business & Productivity Coach for Entrepreneurs and a Certified Fix This Next Advisor. Having started her first online business over 10 years ago, she knows the struggles of entrepreneurs and has learned the strategies for creating a successful business.
She loves helping business owners manage their time, overcome their tech issues, create systems and strategies to work less and earn more so that they can run the business they love while still having time for their families and themselves.
Are you ready to learn time management hacks for mompreneurs? Read on!
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE:
TIME MANAGEMENT HACKS FOR MOMPRENEURS:
- THE TRUTH ABOUT PRODUCTIVITY TOOLS
- Karen shares that many of the standard “productivity” tools and systems have been designed with men in mind rather than women. As women (and mothers), we have to have more flexibility build into our time management strategies in order to account for the less predictable nature of our lives with children.
- The truth is that in order to make these time management hacks for mompreneurs work in your life, you need to test them out and see what makes the most sense for you and your family + business.
- THE POWER OF SYSTEMS
- Between doing something ourselves and outsourcing it to someone else, there is the beautiful space of technology and systems. Karen helps mompreneurs find technology and software that helps them automate and systematize their businesses so that they can spend less time doing something a computer can.
- Listen in for some of her favourite ways to leverage technology to help mompreneurs manage their time and be more productive.
- Struggle to know what tech or program will do what you need? Karen can help!
- OUTSOURCING IS IMPORTANT
- Women tend to believe that their one-woman-show has to be exactly that – one woman doing all of the work. This just isn’t so.
- When you reach the point at which you have maxed out your available time and need to create more or increase your productivity, it is time to consider whether outsourcing some of your work may help.
- While it can take time to set up a new virtual assistant and although it may cost a bit extra out of pocket, the time you reclaim can be invaluable.
TIME MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES FOR MOMS
- TRY SCHEDULING BY THE SEASON
- As moms, our routines and schedules change based on the year. With school holidays, new school years and summer vacation, it is important to be responsive to the season that we are in when it comes to planning and time-management for our families.
- Karen recommends setting some well-defined goals for your family each season. This may be a overall family goal or individual goals for different family members. Remember, you can only focus on one goal or priority at a time in each season (otherwise you risk becoming overwhelmed and giving up entirely).
- USING ANCHOR ROUTINES TO HELP CHILDREN ADAPT
- If you are home with your children in the day (which is almost all of us now that the pandemic is occuring), a long drawn out day without predictable phases can be overwhelming and tiring for children.
- Karen recommends using predictable routines each day to help children understand and manage their time. This may be quiet time after lunch or screen time before dinner.
- These help children learn predictability and provides them with a sense of time before they can read the clock.
- TIPS FOR MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR TIME AS A MOM
- Let’s face it, some form of childcare is almost essential to help use your time most effectively some days. Karen recommends some creative ideas to help moms get a bit of childcare outside of what they usually have.
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE:
- The Complete Time Block Guide for Mom Entrepreneurs (Karen Grill)
- Karen’s Blog at SecondActMoms.com
- Calendly – The online calendar and scheduling app that Karen referred to.
- Acuity – The online calendar software that Karen referred to (and Carly uses!)
- Zapier – A software to link two unrelated technologies and have them work together in a seamless workflow.
READY TO BUILD THAT ONLINE BUSINESS, BUT ON A SHOE-STRING BUDGET?
Did you know that with the right software and technology, you can build your dream online business for less than $100 a month?
Don’t let your finances be the obstacle that holds you back from taking action on your dreams.
From graphics to marketing, websites and social media, I’ve got the best software and tech that I have used to build my successful online business for less than $100 a month!
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE BELOW!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE + REVIEW:
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released?
Also, podcast reviews are super important to the iTunes algorithm and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people.
I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review for this episode right here!
Also, I'd love to know if you're listening and what your favourite take-away is! Be sure to take a screenshot and tag me @carlycrewe on IG!
ARE WE FRIENDS ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
Did you learn something amazing from this episode, or have one of those incredible A-HA moments? Do you know someone else who might benefit from the goodies in this episode?
Be sure to share this episode with them on social media, whether it’s on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest so we can reach more mamas with this message.
I’d love to know if you’re listening and what your favourite take-away is! Be sure to take a screenshot and tag me @carlycrewe on IG!
If you’re looking for someone who can help you turn what you are passionate about into a money making online business, to help you overcome self-doubt, indecision and overwhelm, find out how we can work together.
AUTHOR: DR. CARLY CREWE, MD
Dr. Carly Crewe MD is a mom to twin toddlers, a medical doctor specializing in maternal mental health AND an Anxiety + Mindset Coach for Moms and Mompreneurs who are stuck in overwhelm, self-doubt and indecision.
Carly uses a combination of cognitive behavioural strategies, life coaching techniques and motivational interviewing to support moms to quiet the chaos in their lives and master their mindset so that they can build the life (and online business) that they dream of, without sacrificing their role as a mother.