FINDING BALANCE IN MOTHERHOOD AND BUSINESS WITH JULIE CASS
Welcome back to Mind Over Motherhood!
On this week’s episode of Mind Over Motherhood, I chatted with Julie Cass, CEO of The Positive Change Group all about finding balance in motherhood and business.
Julie and I discussed so many concepts of importance to mothers and entrepreneurship – from self-care to boundaries, living during a pandemic and having a deep connection to your inner self, we covered it all.
I can’t wait to introduce you to Julie!
WHO IS JULIE CASS?
Julie Cass is a successful entrepreneur, motivational speaker and Certified Health, Business and Mindset Coach.
She is also a yoga instructor, wife and mother of two children and 3 step children.
Julie is the founder and CEO of The Positive Change Group, that works with ambitious leaders and entrepreneurs to grow and scale their business in a simplified and holistic way.
Julie believes that anyone can achieve success and true success is when you are thriving in all areas of your life.
FINDING BALANCE IN MOTHERHOOD AND BUSINESS:
JULIE’S STORY: BUILDING A BUSINESS WITHOUT LOSING YOURSELF
- Julie’s passion is to help women build the career and business they want while still achieving inner balance and thriving at home and at work.
- Julie started her first business in her 20s and quickly scaled that business to 7 figures, but unfortunately this was at a huge cost to her wellbeing and she admits she lost herself in the process.
- Since then, Julie has become committed to unpacking the limiting beliefs that success requires hustle and sacrifice.
- After becoming a mother, Julie began working in her family business and was able to scale it to an 8-figure business (!!!) working only 4 days per week, proving that it is possible to thrive in both business and motherhood (without sacrifice).
THE POWER OF THE PANDEMIC
- Although most of us are miserable about the pandemic happening, Julie shares that there have been some silver linings to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Specifically, the viral pandemic has forced us to do a calendar cleanse and rid our days of almost everything. This allows us to be mindful + intentional about what we add back in. Being careful and intentional about what we put back onto our calendar allows us to be in control of how we spend our time and energy.
- The pandemic has also highlighted the importance of intentional self-care. There is no better time to support yourself with quality self-care and boundaries than during this time, when our stress levels are higher than many people are used to.
LOOKING INSIDE RATHER THAN OUT FOR HAPPINESS
- So often, we believe that we will be happy when we reach a certain milestone or when our partner does a certain thing, we pay off a debt or we buy a house.
- Julie and I discussed how chasing happiness and always waiting for the next thing to “be happy” is setting us up to be chronically disappointed.
- Happiness is our birthright and it is imperative to be intentional about choosing to be happy where you are right now, making the most of the time that you are in right now and living in the moment.
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE…
BOUNDARIES ARE POTENT SELF-CARE
- In order to achieve true inner balance, it is imperative to establish healthy and firm boundaries, not only in our relationships, but with our time and energy.
- Consider yourself the Manager of Your Life and protect and employ your resources correctly.
- Julie shares that not only are boundaries important for our own wellness while building a business, but it is important to model healthy boundaries for our children.
- Too often women live up to the expectations of everyone else but themselves. This causes them to give too much of themselves to things that do not fill them up or provide them with joy.
- Take time regularly to do a boundaries audit and see if there are any leaks you need to firm up.
READY TO BUILD THAT ONLINE BUSINESS, BUT ON A SHOE-STRING BUDGET?
Did you know that with the right software and technology, you can build your dream online business for less than $100 a month?
Don’t let your finances be the obstacle that holds you back from taking action on your dreams.
From graphics to marketing, websites and social media, I’ve got the best software and tech that I have used to build my successful online business for less than $100 a month!
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE BELOW!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE + REVIEW:
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released?
Also, podcast reviews are super important to the iTunes algorithm. By leaving a review and telling others how amazing Mind Over Motherhood is, the more sisters we can reach with the message.
I'd also love to know if you're listening and what your favourite take-away is! Be sure to take a screenshot and tag me @carlycrewe on IG!
ARE WE FRIENDS ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
Did you learn something amazing from this episode, or have one of those incredible A-HA moments? Do you know someone else who might benefit from the goodies in this episode?
Be sure to share this episode with them on social media, whether it’s on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest so we can reach more mamas with this message.
I’d love to know if you’re listening and what your favourite take-away is! Be sure to take a screenshot and tag me @carlycrewe on IG!
If you’re looking for someone who can help you turn what you are passionate about into a money making online business, to help you overcome self-doubt, indecision and overwhelm, find out how we can work together.
AUTHOR: DR. CARLY CREWE, MD
Dr. Carly Crewe is a mom to twin toddlers, an MD Psychotherapist + Mindset Coach specializing in women's mental health, with a focus on anxiety, self-esteem and assertiveness.
Carly uses a combination of mindset coaching, psychotherapy techniques and the expert prescription of medications (if and when needed) to help women overcome their mental health struggles so they can be calm, happy and feel like themselves again.
Dr. Crewe is the founder of Eunoia Medical Clinic, the host of The Mind Over Motherhood Podcast, and a bestselling author.
Carly is also passionate about online business and entrepreneurship. She loves coaching motivated and heart-centred women to build their own dream businesses, without sacrificing what is most important to them.