BUILDING A BRAND AND WEBSITE YOU LOVE WITH JANNAN POPPEN
Welcome back to Mind Over Motherhood!
On this week’s episode of Mind Over Motherhood, I am SO excited to introduce you to Jannan Poppen. This episode was all about building a brand and website you love.
I had not met Jannan prior to doing this interview, but it felt like we had been friends for years. She has one of those warm and approachable personalities that invites you in. I was so excited to have her on the podcast to talk about building a brand and website you love, and that creates impact online.
We had such a fun conversation about entrepreneurship, website design, branding and the #struggle of the multipassionate entrepreneur and I’m excited to share it with you all.
I think you’re going to love this interview and I can’t wait for you to meet Jannan.
Jannan Poppen helps small businesses bring their vision to life through brand identity design and Squarespace web design so they can create the impact and income they desire.
She believes that more people doing what they love and creating their own success leads to a higher collective consciousness, and that’s why she is so passionate about helping small businesses and entrepreneurs launch and uplevel their brands and websites.
She is also a mom of 2, and more than slightly obsessed with human design and matcha lattes.
Tune in or read below to learn about building a brand and website you love.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE:
BUILDING A BRAND AND WEBSITE YOU LOVE
THIS EPISODE DIGS INTO:
- JANNAN’S STORY: Jannan’s story of leaving her stable job in higher education without a plan for what she would do next.
- So many women believe that they need to have everything figured out perfectly before they take a big leap into entrepreneurship.
- Jannan shared how she didn’t know what she would do after leaving her stable job, but she knew that she would find her way.
- Trust is a huge part of success in entrepreneurship – trust in yourself, trust in what you’re doing and trust in the universe supporting your efforts.
- THE THREE THINGS YOUR WEBSITE SHOULD DO FOR YOU: Jannan shared that no matter how you go about building your website (either DIY or through hiring a designer), there are a few key things your website should do for you + your business. Your website should:
- Attract your ideal client
- Create a clear customer journe
- Have a clear call to action
- DON’T LET NOT HAVING THE PERFECT WEBSITE HOLD YOU BACK!
- Early on in business, it is easy to let our perfectionism hold us back from starting our business because we don’t have a website, or our website isn’t perfect.
- Even if you are brand new at web design and branding, your business can still thrive as you learn to build a website and brand you love.
- Jannan believes you do NOT have to have a perfect website to start marketing and sharing your story and message online!
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE:
- WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME TO HIRE A WEB DESIGNER FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
Most early entrepreneurs start their online journey with a DIY website and that is a great place to start. Jannan recommends starting with Squarespace. This platform was a game-changer for her when she switched from WordPress.
If you’re a DIY’er and want to get started on building your website, Jannan recommends starting with a template. In fact, Jannan is launching her very own custom designed Squarespace templates that you can use to build your website! You can find them right here.
A template is a pre-constructed website frame that you can use to create a website that will be functional, beautiful and effective.
Once you have been in business for 1-2 years and have consistently ironed out your brand and messaging, this is a great time to consider putting your resources towards hiring a professional branding + web designer. This way, you can use your resources to to create a custom and personalized online platform that is aligned with your unique business!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE + REVIEW:
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released?
Also, podcast reviews are super important to the iTunes algorithm. By leaving a review and telling others how amazing Mind Over Motherhood is, the more sisters we can reach with the message.
I'd also love to know if you're listening and what your favourite take-away is! Be sure to take a screenshot and tag me @carlycrewe on IG!
ARE WE FRIENDS ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
Did you learn something amazing from this episode, or have one of those incredible A-HA moments? Do you know someone else who might benefit from the goodies in this episode?
Be sure to share this episode with them on social media, whether it’s on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest so we can reach more mamas with this message.
I’d love to know if you’re listening and what your favourite take-away is! Be sure to take a screenshot and tag me @carlycrewe on IG!
AUTHOR: DR. CARLY CREWE, MD
Dr. Carly Crewe is a mom to twin toddlers, a modern day nomad and MD Psychotherapist specializing in women's mental health.
Carly believes that when women are well, they have the power to heal and change the world.
Her mission is to revolutionize the women’s mental health care, from fragmented and haphazard to a holistic, comprehensive and integrated approach that meets every woman where she is and addresses the multidimensional reality of mental health.
Dr. Crewe is the founder of Eunoia Medical, a speciality mental health clinic for women in pursuit of a well mind. Carly runs a revolutionary mental health membership for women, The Eunoia Collective.
Carly is the host of the Mind Over Motherhood Podcast and is an Amazon best-selling author. Her newest book You Are Not Your Anxiety: How to Stop Being An Anxious, People-Pleasing Mess will be launching for presale on International Women’s Day March 8th, 2021.