Welcome back to Mind Over Motherhood!
On Episode 37 of Mind Over Motherhood, I had a powerful and inspirational conversation with Milli Fox about self-worth, perfectionism and difficult relationships.
I can’t wait for you to listen to this episode! There is so much goodness in this conversation.
SELF-WORTH AND PERFECTIONISM
Milli Fox is a Mindset Coach, Perfectionism-Recovery Expert and lover of all things woo-woo. Milli helps stuck mompreneurs overcome their self-sabotaging ways so they can live the lives they were made for.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE:
SELF-WORTH AND PERFECTIONISM
THIS EPISODE DIGS INTO:
- The sneaky ways perfectionism shows up in our lives without us realizing it.
- How to know if your self-worth needs a tune up, or if you have a self-worth problem:
- Many women believe that “they like themselves” and that they don’t have a self-worth “problem,” when in reality they are still judging or deriving their “worthiness” from external sources.
- Having a solid sense of self-worth comes from having a true belief in your own inherent worthiness, that you (yourself) are “enough” without any external behaviour, achievement, accomplishments, etc.
- Furthermore, any women consider themselves to have been “worthy” or “good enough” during the day if they have checked off enough things on their To-do list, if they’ve met their own expectations around diet or exercise, if they have done “enough” for their families. Without realizing it, we are causing ourselves to tie our worthiness to things outside of our own control and need to do more work on our self-worth.
CUTTING TIES IN DIFFICULT RELATIONSHIPS
- Milli and I discussed the importance of identifying and putting boundaries around toxic or unhealthy relationships. This is also an expression of self-worth in that you believe your happiness or being treated properly is important enough to limit your exposure to relationships in which you are abused.
- Milli shares that you are not a better human (or daughter, or sister, etc) by putting up with more abuse, or finding out how much abuse you can withstand.
- Milli shares that while limiting or even cutting out people in your life that occupy important relationships in your life is emotional and challenging, it is important to view the situation from the perspective of what you are gaining rather than what you are losing in that situation.
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE:
TUNE OUT THE SHOULDS
- So many of us believe we “should” have relationships with people in our lives, and it’s important for women to have more conversations that normalize the practice of questioning the toxic relationships in our lives and determining if they are actually healthy for us, and then feeling worthy enough in ourselves to change those relationships with healthy boundaries.
SELF-ACCEPTANCE + PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Finally, we discussed self-acceptance and the risk of personal development becoming yet another benchmark for perfectionism.
- Personal development and self-growth can be a powerful tool for improving your mindset and for personal growth, but it is important to ensure you are balancing your efforts to improve yourself or “fix” yourself with a healthy level of self-acceptance as well.
- It is important to understand that you are not something to be “fixed” rather that the personal development or mindset strategies you learn in your personal growth journey are tools in your tool chest to help you respond to the outside world in a healthy way.
If you want to release all that control and perfectionism out of your mind, I invite you to also download my 10-Minute Meditation for Releasing Perfectionism. It is a free audio meditation, and you can listen to it whenever, wherever, and however you like. Download it here!
CONNECT WITH MY GUEST:
ON INSTAGRAM: @MILLIFOX
ON TWITTER: @MILLILFOX
HAVE A LISTEN + SHARE YOUR TAKEAWAYS!
Subscribe + Review!
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released?
Also, podcast reviews are super important to the iTunes algorithm. By leaving a review and telling others how amazing Mind Over Motherhood is, the more sisters we can reach with the message.
I’d also love to know if you’re listening and what your favourite take-away is! Be sure to take a screenshot and tag me @carlycrewe on IG!
Are we friends on social media?
Did you learn something amazing from this episode, or have one of those incredible A-HA moments? Do you know someone else who might benefit from the goodies in this episode?
Be sure to share this episode with them on social media, whether it’s on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest so we can reach more mamas with this message.
I’d love to know if you’re listening and what your favourite take-away is! Be sure to take a screenshot and tag me @carlycrewe on IG!